Friday, October 17, 2008

It's 12:20 a.m. and I just finished (for tonight) negotiating with a potential client on Twitter. Love Twitter. This is the 2nd client that's come in my direction this way. Yup, lovin' Twitter.


You know what I wish I had of remembered today? Two things:
1. Controlled folly (in impeccability)
2. This quote, from my friend Lexie: "You are a good mom, you love your baby, and you are the best person to make these choices even if your choices aren't popular."

That's the kind of day I've had. The business side of the day was FAB, the personal side of the day?

Draining.

Me and the little guy are off to bed now. Husband is snoozing on the couch (what's new?!). I probably should wake him up and tell him to go to bed out of it, but whatever. I have enough to do to get my own sorry ass into the bed!

Actually, since I'm here I might as well do a very quick update:

He's on my bladder constantly. The little munchkin. If he's not kicking it, he's pushing against it. It's kind of like when you wake up in the morning and you really really have to pee and the cat jumps on your belly and lands RIGHT ON YOUR BLADDER. Yes, it's just like that only CONSTANTLY.

And it's hard for me to roll over. Seriously, it takes a few minutes. Or long seconds anyway.

That's all for now. Have a long day tomorrow, I'm sure, working out details with the new (and delightful) client and trying to close the 2nd deal so I'll have another new one. AND, gotta write a press release for the Justin Timberlake event I'm in this weekend. And follow up with celeb publicisits from last weekend. And redo my business site. And my bookkeeping. And, And, And...

I'm so tired just thinking about it, I want to go to bed right now for tomorrow night!

Speaking of tomorrow, and speaking of the draining personal day I've had, I want to research and write a post about men bonding with their babies, specifically that I'm not selfish just because I want to exclusively breastfeed and that men can bond with their newborns without feeding them. (This is not coming from my husband, just a comment that was made by someone tonight that got me worrying thinking....)

Later.
s.

3 comments:

moirajerry said...

Bonding does not require feeding....what a bogus idea. My husband and daughter are a fine example of the bonding that can occur even when a baby is exclusively breastfed, and therefore nurtured in the most natural way possible. Babies recognize voice, smell and touch as means of bonding.

J and A are as close as two peas in a pod, as evidenced this morning when I told her Mommy was going to sea on the ship next week.

Her response: "Bye"

Love you,
M

PS You'll appreciate the economy of breastfeeding when I tell you that 12 cans of unconcentrated formula (2 feedings/ can) costs $20.

Norma-ann at The Mommy Project said...

My hubby still played a big role in all the early days of breastfeeding...it was his job to get the baby and hand her to me, then I would feed, and he would burp her and change her and swaddle her back up. So, really, he had to do more than I did! I just sat up and tried to keep my eyes open while she ate, and then I fell (instantly) back to sleep knowing Daddy would take care of the rest. :)

Stephi said...

@Moira, thanks for the input. Hope I'm catching you before you head out to sea.. thought you were doing day duty this go-round and would be home at night. Will give you a buzz soon. Did Adaira have your coat and boots at the door ready for you to leave, lol?! :)

@norma-ann, THAT sounds like a delightful plan!

 
Who links to me?