Wednesday, June 25, 2008

9 weeks yesterday, and feeling great.

Alot of new people are showing up so if you want to start at the beginning, go to the May archives (see the right sidebar).

The latest on the symptoms:

  • Surprisingly I'm not as exhausted as I thought I'd be. I need a 20-minute nap in the early afternoon but that's it. Not napping for hours like last time. That's good. I can get more done. I have energy which is great. Especially when you get the urge to shop like I just did.
  • Face is still breaking out which totally sucks.
  • I'm using the bathroom more regularly THANK GOD. I'm peeing more now, noticed over the past few days.
  • No crazy cravings at all, but I am fussy about what I eat. That is still going on... wanting one thing and then 15 minutes later, wanting something else. That doesn't help with the supper planning at all. We've eaten alot of take-out.
  • I'm having crazy dreams still, but I'm liking that. I'm sleeping through the night, and sleeping soundly now so that's awesome. I feel rested when I wake up now, although I don't look it. Could be the new mattress, it's AMAZING.
  • I'm also suprised that I'm not really moody. Although Donald may beg to differ.
  • My boobs are delightful.
Oh, and I looked in the mirror thismorning and my waist has officially disappeared. It's gone. *Poof* I actually wore maternity clothes to a business fuction last night because nothing I have fits me anymore. Except my yoga pants, but I couldn't very well have worn those. (Although it may have made for more interesting conversations than I actually had with anyone in the room.) It all boils down to the fact that my waist has expanded. I called Rachael on the way and didn't know if I was more upset about wearing the maternity clothes because, A) someone might figure out that I'm pregnant and I don't want anyone out here to know yet, or B) someone might think I'm fat. Because the area between my pelvis and bellybutton is not attractive anymore. I look like alot of other late-30's gals, BUT I'VE NEVER LOOKED LIKE THAT BEFORE, so you can completely understand my panic. I mean for crying out loud, I'm usually 117-120. AND USUALLY HAVE A WAIST! I know, I know, it won't be long before I look pregnant instead of chunky, I just want it to happen before I have to go in public again. (On the flip side, I bought a GORGEOUS outfit for LA thismorning. It's just beautiful and summery and fashionable. The maternity clothes these days are beautiful! I wear my skirts and shorts even when I'm not preggers. Lovin' the whole tummy-tube thing) So, this tangent is over, back to the pregnancy...

I weighed myself yesterday and came in at 126.6. I lost .4lbs since last week. WTF?

Here's the deal for week 9:

He weighs 2 grams. (I have no idea what that means as I've never used grams before. What, are we in the UK? Dena, can you translate for me?) His body parts and organs are all present (still sad he lost his tail) though they're not yet fully formed.

By the end of the week, he'll be .9 inches long and resembles a peapod. The eyelids are formed and fused and won't upen again until 27 weeks.

He can begin to hear! His teeth are forming! He can turn his head and frown. And he can hiccup. He wriggles and shifts and dances around in there. At 9 weeks! At 2 grams. At .9 inches. It's amazing.

And so here's what he looks like in that non-waist chunky area between my pelvis and bellybutton:

(Doesn't look like a peapod to me....kinda looks like an alien or astronaut in outerspace, floating there with that big head.)

I had my first appt with Dr. Rhone today and it went really well. AND I'M DELIVERING AT BC WOMEN'S! More on the appointment later or tomorrow... I've got to get back to work.

Later,
s.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?