Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm pregnant!

Found out on May 20, exactly 4 weeks into it.

We had been trying for a few months, but I was still rather surprised as I wasn't sure it would happen.

Again.

Ever.

See, we usually get pregnant as soon as we decide to. So when this didn't take the FIRST TIME, I completely freaked out and thought something was wrong with my insides becuase of the prior (unsuccessful) pregnancies.

But no, two pink stripes showed up!

And I've got to say, Babycentre is onto something with their ovulation calculator. They have a 5 or 6 day spread, I'm sure to cover all basis, but it totally aligns with the ovulation kit we used. Except with the kit, it gave us a 48-hour timeframe to (directly from their collateral) "make love as often as you'd like".

So here we are. Pregnant again. And NOT putting a charge or fear on this one, instead, totally treating it as though it's the first pregnancy.

I had my doctor's appointment on the 22nd to confirm, and since I want to give birth at BC Women's, she automatically referred me to my OBGYN who looked after my D&C last July. My family doctor is in Burnaby and has no practice rights (or whatever they're called) at Women's, only at Burnaby General (and that place has a horrendous reputation). Anyway, I'm waiting for the appointment to see if she'll take me again, and see if I can deliver at Women's. (There are new rules now and they don't take anyone from outside of Vancouver. I'm pleading my case of being high risk because of my age and history of miscarriages, because really it's not about boundaries, it's about the health of my baby and me and a safe birth. Donald and I are prepared to move back into Vancouver if that's what it takes to get into BC Women's.)

So, symptoms?



  • The cramping has pretty much stopped, just mild about once or twice a day now.

  • I get dizzy in the shower and late morning.

  • I get rather nauseous, anywhere from 1.5 hours a day to just a few minutes here and there during the day. Not wanting to throw up, just upset belly really. I have to stop and take a couple of deep breaths, that's all. FOR ONE AND A HALF HOURS. Yeah, that's all.

  • I wake up at 4am each night. And not to pee. It's just that I'm finished sleeping. Weird. So I get up and watch the shopping network (just bought the FABULOUS H2O mop! It rocks!).

  • I'm constipated. Metamucil is my friend. And it's helping.

  • Really Really Really sore boobs. Growing? Hmmm... maybe a bit.

  • Not really hungry, not much of an appetite.


Today is week 5. The embryo is the size of an apple seed and it's heart is the size of a poppyseed.

No comment. Discuss amongst yourselves. Ok... one comment... it made more sense when it looked like just a pile of cells gathered together to chat over coffee, leaning against the wall of my uterous. This? Doesn't even look like a tadpole.

I'm 123.2 lbs (that's the highest weight I've ever been. I wish I could say it's the pregnancy but it's just fat).

All for now.
S.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?