Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Week 17!

Where to start? I might break this up into a few posts so, a) as not to bore you and b) I have something to post this week! Or, I've added more pictures this week for a bit of fun. Whatevs....

Let's start with me and The D-Man. We simply cannot agree on boy names. I know we have lots of time, and the little guys' name wil come, it's just that I came up with a GREAT one and I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT! But he says no-go because it's also the name of a restaurant that his parents love. I forgot about that. But it's such a great name!

I'm going to keep on working on him on this one. It really is THAT great!

(See Jesus in the sammy?)
The name Donald picked means, "God is my salvation." NO WAY. Nothing with religious overtures like that. Yuck. (Apologies in advance for those of you who are named after Jesus or something...your names are beautiful, I'm sure, it's just a personal preference that I don't want religion as part of my child's name.)

Then again, the name I picked for a girl is the name of a witch. (And no, it's not Wendy!)


We've got a doppler!
My sister-in-law had her daughter 2 months premature (both are doing well) and so they offered their doppler to us! It comes at a great time really, after the aches and pains and symptoms of the first trimester are over, and before the baby is rockin' and rollin' like mad in there. There are a few weeks in between all that action, which is right now, so it eases my worry when I can hear his heartbeat. I tried it about 4 times the night I got it to make sure I knew what I was looking for, and no mistaking, the lound sound of galloping horses was about 2-3 inches below my belly-button. I found him! So I surprised Donald with it in the morning before he went to work. It was great! The cats are really curious and both of them jump up on the bed when I'm doing it, and they won't leave me alone for about 1/2 hour afterwards. Immediately on my belly, or trying to lay close to me or sit on my lap or whatever. They love it too!

I'm pretty sure I've finally gained a bit of weight. I think about 5 lbs. I'm using my scale at home and it isn't the best, so I'll know more at week 19 after my ultrasound and doctor's visit.

This person is not me. They look like they get better sleep than I do. (And truth be told, I have much better hair.)

I bought a body pillow yesterday to help me get comfy at night. It's massive! It's rather annoying, it's so big, and hard to maneuver under the covers so REALLY annoying when I want to turn over (it's like there's 3 of us in the bed.) (Ok, it's like there's FIVE of us in the bed... me, Don, baby (hey, he counts!), Chicken and Ling Ling). But I slept through the night last night, so I'm happy with the $13.00 purchase.

This is not the baby. If it was a whole cantaloupe, and without the kiwi and carrots, it's the size of my uterus right now.


My uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe and has shifted to my centre of gravity. This, coupled with my low blood pressure, is causing the dizziness whenever I stand up a bit too quickly.
And that's all for today. Instead of leaving you with a picture of me and my belly, I'll leave you with this video:


More this week on how the baby is doing in there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK Aurora, I thought for sure the video was going to be about how crazy it is to get close to a mommy moose and her babies, but happily there was no blood shed.

A doppler, how exciting! I am sure before all is said and done, you will have let all of your neighbours, the postman and the locals at the skate park hear the baby's heartbeat. They will be amazed without a doubt, as new life is truly miraculous.

I think you should start counting now, how many times either you or Donald say "I can't believe we made this baby!" I would put it somewhere in the thousands in the first year alone. And hopefully the feeling never ends.

Love you both,
M, J and A

 
Who links to me?