Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm a dork.

You know that line on the belly that alot of pregnant women get? Yeah, that one? Well, I didn't get it. Nope, I don't have it. Didn't show up on me.

Only it did. I do have it. It's right there, above and below my belly button (which is still 3/4 an outie), right where it's supposed to be. Only for the past 2-3 months, I thought it was a seam mark. A seam from my underwear or pants. A seam from my shirt.

Only my underwear and pants CAN'T REACH MY BELLY BUTTON. My belly is too big now for anything to wrap around it. Nothing, no sort of clothes, can make it that far up my belly. So why the hell I didn't realize this earlier is beyond me. I'm such a spaz. So there you have it. Or there I have it. The linea negra. Only a bit lighter in colour that most.

So here I am in my 3rd trimester. First trimester I was craving fruit and McDonald's. Second trimester I was craving fruit and Starbucks. And in the third trimester? Not much so far. Solid, deep sleep would be nice. Being able to put my own socks on would be nice. Towel drying my hair without almost falling over would be nice. As would brushing my teeth without losing balance (I never was one of those people who can brush their teeth standing up straight. All that toothpaste runs out of your mouth and down your arm. And when I say "your", I mean "my".).

And when is Flipping Out coming back on (in Canada)? I need my dose.

All for now. Gotta go make my list of things to go in the hospital bag and also fret over the stroller decision I made.
s.

2 comments:

Mommy Project said...

LOL! I'm still loving your blog Stephi! It's so funny to hear someone else point out all the things that are ~so True~. Although, I don't have the line. I'm such a PWG (Pasty White Girl) that I guess I just can't produce enough melatonin to come up with such a decorative accent. And the socks! I know!! Where I worked I had to pull little booties on and off my feet about, oh, a ga-billion times per day. Most people just don't get that, you know what, that just `ain't possible anymore for us girls with big, hard, soccer balls in out tummies! So glad to be done work. SO GLAD.

:)

Stephanie said...

@norma-ann: You're so funny! Yes, the little line, it's so light in colour that I thought it was a seam imprint! Had no idea it was actually the line that everyone talks about. Except, either mine is off centre, or my belly button has shifted to the right a bit! And with what's been happening with my bellybutton, I think I hit the nail on the head! So happy for you that you're done work. My g/f is due Dec 17 and this is her last week of work. She gets to relax and enjoy and let her body calm down before her little guy comes along.

 
Who links to me?