Tuesday, January 27, 2009

40 weeks today.

40 weeks. My God. We're due. So come on little guy, we want to meet you!

What's happening:

Well, I have a full size newborn in my belly. I have a completely developed person INSIDE OF ME!

Who is apparently quite content to stay put for a bit more time.


For someone who has hardly any room to move around, especially at this point, he's still really active. I know I've been saying that for a long time now, but seriously, it amazes me just how much he rolls around in there.

And mom?

Heartburn is back with a vengeance. And I don't get any more than 3 hours sleep in a row. I find if I stay up until after Leno and Conan, I sleep until about 6:30 or 7:30am, but if I fall asleep during George, I'm up and roaming around by 3 or 4 a.m. (That's what the Home Shopping Network is for!)

The good news is I'm letting myself do whatever is needed. Whatever my body tells me is needed. So what if I can't sleep? I use that time to chat with him, to feel him move inside of me, to listen to the cats tear the house up, watch the comings and goings of my neighbourhood, and sleep in as long as I need to in order to feel rested.

I'm still enjoying the final days of the pregnancy. I'm a bit bored, feeling so house-bound, so I jaunt out to the mall (which is turning out to be more expensive than the Home Shopping Network!) once in a while, but really, it's not too bad.

I'm just ready, that's all. Not bored I suppose, but ready.
S.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?