Sunday, January 4, 2009

Here are a couple of fantastic gift ideas for pregnant women. For them themselves, NOT the baby. Although we love to receive baby presents too (and when I say "we", I mean "me"), it SO adds to the excitement.

Anyway, something I do on a regular basis is have a full body massage. It's covered under our medical so I take advantage of it each year. Although, my $500.00 limit runs out before the end of the year (especially with the rising costs of massages.. the going rate is now $85.00/hr, which no longer gets you many. BUT, there's acupuncture as well and I find that totally relaxing and that's another $500.00 to play with, although no-go when preg-o). I digress....

So yes, a massage is a great gift. But that's not the end of it. That's only the beginning of it. I'm talking about a full day of pampering. Massage is just a teaser actually because there are so many other parts neglected. Like, feet! So, 1 - 1.5 hour massage, then pedicure. And manicure. And eyebrow waxing. And hair cut (nothing in this world beats a wicked scalp massage when you're getting a shampoo!). Perhaps throw in a gift certificate to Blockbuster for a couple of your (and when I say "your", I mean "my") favourite movies. Then come home and have a long hot shower and curl up in bed with cheese and crackers, said movie, and your (and when I say "your", I mean "my") favourite cats and call it a day.

Oh, and green fees and a tee time to send your (and when I say "your", I mean "my") husband to the golf course for a twilight game.

Because none of this is going to happen again for a long time.

All for now!
s.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?