Wednesday, April 29, 2009


We're hitting the Mommy & Me session at the rec centre thismorning for something to do. I wish they served tea and cookies, but anyway....

They have it every Wednesday. I don't usually go (went once when Oscar was 4 weeks old) as the topics are not really in line with where he is right now, developmentally, etc, but thismorning's topic is TBA. When I called the Public Health unit to see if they have one yet, she said it's an open forum.

I was so excited! That's where you learn the most - when other moms are asking questions and talking about their own experiences! I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure there will be a few questions about the Swine Flu as well (like, should we be stocking up on diapers and water, lol!) (ok, I was getting a little Art Bell Conspiracy Theory there...). All in all, I'm looking forward to it. To meeting other mom's as well. Not that I'm looking for new friends (I already have two), but it's nice to chat with these ladies and get to know them as I see some of them on Wednesday afternoons when I go to the weigh-in. And they all have kids older than me (well they did four weeks ago...) (ok, and they still do, but there are also new mom's with the most darling newborns!) so they know more than me and I can learn alot. And not feel like a retard or a bad mom for poking my son in the eye twice.

During the same diaper change.

Because they've all done that too.

Hopefully I'll meet a mom who's poked her son in the eye three times so I'll feel better about myself.

S.

3 comments:

Mommy Project said...

I have poked Colie so many times and I've jabbed her with my nails, even! EEk! Each time I'd just cringe and wait for her to cry, but it was like she didn't even notice. Tough kid!

The pic. up top is amazing! What is the story behind that?? The dog is on a chain. Did a polar bear wander into someone's yard??? {jk}. It's so adorable how that big bear just rolled over onto his back. Looks like he really likes the dog. Animals are amazing...

doglove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
doglove said...

Stuart Brown describes Norbert Rosing's striking images of a wild polar bear playing with sled dogs in the wilds of Canada's Hudson Bay.

http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/play/audiogallery/soundseen.shtml

 
Who links to me?