Sunday, October 26, 2008

Had a very very busy day yesterday, trapsing all over town, but it was so great. Me and mom hung out. Hit the "Vancouver's Largest Baby Shower" at Heritage Hall on Main.


It sucked.

The best part was standing in line and laughing with mom. Even though we STOOD IN LINE FOR 1.5 HOURS! Not well organized by any means. And by the time we got in, they were out of gift bags. I am consoling myself by believing the contents were probably only collateral of sponsors, partners, etc.

Mom enjoyed the baby sign language seminar and I enjoyed chatting with the cloth diaper folks. Actually got to see and feel so I know more of what I'm getting myself into! Other than that, I didn't really see anything (AT ALL) of interest. And I was nearly decapitated by a very excited pregnant woman who turned quickly to point to someone on the other side of the room.

1.5 hours in line. 20 minutes in show.

Next stop was Chapters and lunch.

I'm disappointed in Chapters. Every time I go in to buy something in particular, they don't have it. BUT, it's cheaper online anyway, so that's the silver lining. This is the 2nd time I was in looking for 5 books and I ended up leaving and ordering last night from the comfort of my bed.

On it's way?

  • The Girlfriend's Guide to Baby Gear. Was loaned this one, but I'm a highlighter and page marker so want to get my own copy. Lots of fantastic tips on what to buy, how much to buy, where to buy, etc.
  • The Mind of your Newborn Baby. Was recommended by my girlfriend Dena and I totally trust her ideas so I bought it without a second thought.
  • Dr. Robert Sears', The Vaccine Book. Apparently this is the best to get both sides of the vaccine story. Want to make sure we're well-versed to make the decision IF we're going to and if so, when we're going to, and what ones we'll go for. Scary decision. But there you go.

After Chapters we went for lunch at The Red Door. Was there with Dena ages ago and thought mom might find it good. And it's in a neighbourhood she hasn't been to yet and I love, so off we went. Had a delicious lunch and headed out to Ikea where I bought a few drawer organizers for baby clothes (I don't think I need anything anymore! Went through 2 more rubbermaids last night that my sister-in-law gave us. I think we're pretty much ok for the first 6 months. Except "going out" clothes.) Anyway, bought a couple of pictures for the house too - after 1.5 years of living here, we're finally putting stuff up on the walls and had a blank spot to fill!).

So it was a great day, sunny and crisp. Today I'm going to tackle the front yard and hit the Scrapbooking Store to find an envelope for the little guy's Baby Book to put all the overflow info, stories, pictures, etc. I'm filling it up and he's not even born yet!

All for now. I'm exhausted from writing this so I might take a nap before hitting the yard. Oh the joys of pregnancy... I can get away with having a nap 2 hours after I get up!

s.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?