Friday, October 3, 2008


Here I am, bright eyed and bushy tailed after a wonderful, restful sleep.

Not.

He was kicking ALL NIGHT LONG. Total kung-fu action happening inside by belly. And to think the placenta is in the front and so his kicks aren't able to be felt as strongly as if it weren't.

And I'm really really grateful for that. I can't even begin to imagine if I could feel it stronger. Holy Moly. Seriously, fell asleep around 12:30 and then woke up at 3:00am when Donald came to bed and he was kicking up a storm (baby, not husband) (although husband DOES have restless leg syndrom) (I'm surrounded on all sides here....) and that was it for the night. Got up, moved to the couch, and was followed by two furry creatures who wanted to lay on my belly. Jesus, no rest for the weary.

So, baby stuff....

So exciting!

I'm still a bit freaked about the possibility of Braxton Hicks. I just didn't think they'd happen this early on. Then again, I'm really good at goin' with the flow, especially when I have no idea what's happening, so I know I'll handle it well.

He's about the size of a small baby doll (oh my god), and looks very human - similar to a newborn now (as opposed to????). He's still red and wrinkled, even though fat is being deposited at a fast rate, skin is growing quicker and so it hangs loosely (kinda freaky).

He should be moving alot more (he is) and he runs his hands up and down the umbilical cord (please, please, little guy, don't grab it too tight and please don't play with it close to your neck. Keep it as far away as safely possible.).

Oily fish right now can help his health (and mine). My chiropractor mentioned that fish oil capsules or evening primrose oil would be good to start taking, and to double up on the primrose close to birth date as it helps something with the cervix for delivery. Can't remember what, so I'll have to do some quick research and figure it out.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?